MYA EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING MINUTES
MAY 9, 2019
President- Brian Harris
- Meeting will come to order at 7:05 pm In attendance from Executive Board- Brian Harris, Rick Greenier, Holly Golden, Meghan Powers, Softball, Heather Meehan, Wrestling, Aaron Goldstein, Baseball, Melanie Curren, Football, Jill Mitchell, Lacrosse and John Calabro Basketball
- Next meeting June 11, 2019
- Vacant positions available on Executive Board- Secretary, Asst. Secretary and Member at Large.
- The minutes from March have been approved.
- The 50th celebration is May 18th. If you need tickets please reach out to Brian Harris to buy tickets
- CSSI is donating 4 red sox tickets to each program to raise money for your program.
Elections will be postponed till June 11th.
Budgets are due in August 8th meeting to go over them 7:00 pm
Field funding and maintenance meeting – we are looking at a 10 to 15 year project. We looked at a property I Merrimack that could potentially be a location. Also we will be looking to update the existing fields.
Treasurer’s Report -Holly Golden
- Audit is finished. Meeting with the Town tonight
- All transactions for all programs need to be posted by 10th of every month.
Vice President- Rick Greenier
- Earth day went well. Lacrosse and Football was present. We adopted a road that is on the way to the dump. Maybe Basketball and Wrestling will adopt a road next year since they don’t have fields to maintain
- The survey for Parks and Rec was successful in that the survey indicated by 57% that we need to focus on our fields
- June 8th is high school graduation which may affect Baseball
Member at Large- Brian Harris
- Rick Greenier- Nothing to report
- Make sure your insurance is up to date
- Please check out the Parks and Rec site, Easter Egg Hunt is April 13th
- Graduation at the High School in June 8th
Arbitrator & Officials Liaison- Bob Shagoury – Absent
Nothing to report from Executive Board
Basketball- John Calabro -
June 17th is Elections
Ramping up to start thinking about the upcoming season
Soccer- Scott Locasto - Absent
Football /Cheer- Melanie Curren
- Registration opens in April
- One of our students that was a u11 was chosen to be a scholarship winner.
Wrestling- Heather Meehan
Lacrosse- Jill Mitchell
- Our season ends June 9th
- Started an Adaptive league
- Picture day is Saturday morning
- Fundraiser for the year end this week. Dunkin Donut books are being sold
- Games have started for all levels
- Filled the position for Media Director
- Started our Red Sox Fundraiser this week
- We had our opening day on Saturday morning. Great turn out
- Great season so far
- New Board is working together to make it happen
Old Business- Nothing to report
New Business- Nothing
Motion to adjourn at 8:57pm by Rick Greenier and second by Brian Harris.