MYA EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING MINUTES
January 10TH 2019
President- Brian Harris
- Meeting to order 7:05 pm In Attendance from Executive Board- Brian Harris, Rick Greenier, Holly Golden, All program Directors with the exception of Basketball and Football.
- Next meeting February 7th 2019- rescheduled
- Minutes from October 11th will be reviewed in February.
- Vacant positions available on Executive Board- Secretary, Asst. Secretary and Member at Large.
- Need to look into minimizing trophy case or look into expanding trophy case,
- Look into new floors or strip and wax floors, fresh paint for walls and ceilings.
- All programs are doing a great job getting approved minutes to Karen keep up the good work.
Treasurer’s Report -Holly Golden
- Audit is started and seems to be going good.
- All transactions for all programs need to be posted by 10th of every month.
- Cardinals- missing a couple items from August and October
- All other programs are up to date.
Vice President- Rick Greenier
- Baseball needs to get a binder to the Exec board for fields – Spring indoor needs
- New Basketball hoops for the MYA Parking Lot have been approved by the Town Council and will be installed by the Town in the spring.
- There is a delay in the scoreboard from Basketball
- Please make sure all equipment is put away and sheds are clean and organized for the winter.
- Reviewing the Gym rules with new Directors. Please make sure all requests go through Brian and Rick. No one can go directly to Judy at the school.
- Maintenance request:
- Baseball sent a list a month ago AmTech building and field is in bad shape. Scoreboards are not working. Evaluating needs and hoping to get things done in 2020.
- Soccer- Portable light brought back to Town Barn from Reeds, Parking lot at Elbit need to discuss options,
- Softball- Chalk liners for the fields need repairs.
- Lacrosse – Bishop lock was fixed partially – put a ramp for the shed so we can get stuff in and out of
- Cardinals, Wrestling, Basketball, Nothing at this time.
- Spring Gym Time (Requests only)
- Lacrosse – MES Mar 18th Mon- Fri 5-9
- Softball – Thornton Apr 8th 5-9 Mon - Fri
- Baseball – Reeds Apr 1st Mon – Fri 5-9
- Soccer – Take what’s left
- Softball is running a clinic in March
Member at Large- Brian Harris
- Rick Greenier- Nothing to report
- Parks and Recs has some great programs to offer please check it out
Arbitrator & Officials Liaison- Bob Shagoury – Absent
Nothing to report from Executive Board
Basketball- John Calabro
- Getting ready for the tournaments
- Season off to a good start
Rec registration starts
Soccer- Scott Locasto
- Travel tryouts are January 21st.
- Winter training is starting on the 14th. 122 kids which is up from last year
- The need for a 11v11 field is eminent
- Rec registration starts mid Feb. Need the sign to advertise
- Will be using Kollsman in the spring
- The travel league is increasing in March.
- Ask Laurie to reach out to the person that lines the field so we can put a plan together for field lining schedule
- Can we look at the trophy cases and see what to do with their stuff
Football /Cheer- Dan Tevepaugh
- No attendance
Wrestling- Heather Meehan
- The use of the kitchen in the high school
- Need internet connection for a computer at the tournament
Lacrosse- Jill Mitchell
- Registration Closes on January 31st
- Certificate of insurance will be submitted on January 16th
- Lacrosse needs a copy of their by-laws
Softball- Bob Powers
- By – laws have been submitted for approval - will be approved next meeting
- Softball is taking Baseballs closet that they cleaned out
- Wrestling is going to help out Softball with the use of Constant Contac
- Flyers to be submitted to the schools to distribute
- Ready to start the season
- Very excited for the season to start. Great new vibes
- Prep league for Legion ball is going to start this year
- Booster club is coming to the next meeting to come up with ideas to work together. Christina Lyna
- Working to get the season going. Excited to start
Old Business- Nothing to report
New Business-Community Partnership Plan- Brandi Nunez
Motion to adjourn at 9:40pm by Bob Powers and 2nd by Scott Locasto