MYA Executive Board Meeting Minutes
President- Brian Harris
Meeting called to order at 7:06
Approved May meeting minutes-motion made by D. Tevepaugh, seconded by S. Locasto.
MYA 50 anniversary presentation by Mr. Goodrich. Agreed a sub -committee will be formed to plan anniversary celebration.
Secretary and Asst. secretary, and member-at-large positions are still open.
Request to send approved program meeting minutes to senior advisor, Karen H.
Reminder for programs to use mailing address P.O. box 153 for vendors.
Treasurer- Holly Golden
Requested budgets and audit documents from LAX and Baseball.
Request all transactions posted by the 10th of each month.
Reviewed program transactions noting that Baseball, Basketball, Football, Lacrosse, and Softball each missing several months.
2019-2020 budgets reviewed;
LAX – approved with two changes (donations $900.00, Town grant $3120)
Soccer – approved 9-0 with one change (Town grant $7000.00). S. Locasto request grant adjusted for next budget cycle.
Softball – approved 9-0
Football – approved 8-0-1 (J. Calabro abstain)
Basketball – approved 9-0
Baseball – postponed due to director absence.
Wrestling – postponed due to director absence.
Vice President- Rick Greenier
Requested Softball and Baseball field layout packet.
Requested maintenance reports
Noted field closures due to recent precipitation.
Member at Large- Rick Greenier
P&R committee meeting update -nothing to report.
Review of program insurance certificates and inventories.
Arbitrator & Officials Liaison- Bob Shagoury (absent)
No new updates
- Wrestling- absent
- Basketball- registration open, new website.
- -scoreboard installation pending at Mastricola Upper Elementary and Mastricola Lower Elementary.
- Lacrosse- new treasurer, asked about purchasing protocols, asked about by-law changes.
- -request info on $50,000 expenditure on Twardosky netting. Request Bishop Field shed lock be repaired.
- Girls Softball- 4 new board members, fall season underway, considering changes to by-laws.
- -request Elbit field changes (1-40’, 2-centered), lime needed at Elbit.
- Baseball-Jess Griffin attended for M. Lesmerises. Elections in October, fall ball featuring 1 babe ruth, 2 majors, 2 minors.
- -requested general repair at Bise concession building, considering Bise scoreboard replacement.
- Soccer- Travel enrollment at 212, recreation at 500, still in need of Rec Director.
- -request improvements to Elbit driveways.
- Football/Cheer- season underway and busy, request gym time for cheer.
- -request Wasserman field improvements (grass quality). Clocktower needs remaining “old” sheathing replaced.
Motion made to adjourn at 10:20 by D. Tevepaugh, seconded by R. Greenier.
In Attendance: Dan Tevepaugh, Brian Harris, Scott Locasto, Rick Greenier, Jill Mitchell, John Calabro, Karen Halvatzes, Sylvie Laliberte, Erin Alukonis, and Jess Griffin.