MYA Executive Board Meeting Minutes
President- Tom Thornton
Next meeting Jan. 11, 2018
Secretary and Assistant Secretary positions still open
Request made to send approved Program Meeting minutes to Senior Adviser K. Halvatzes
Requested audit info from Baseball, Basketball, and Soccer ASAP along with signed “Fraud Risk” from Lacrosse
Minutes accepted unanimously, redacting combination code
-B. Shagoury made motion to accept seconded by K. Halvatzes
Treasurer- Holly Golden
Reviewed financial report
Requested Cardinal transactions from July - current to be posted.
Needs receipt/documentation from LAX
Requested 1099s from all directors.
Santander closure pending, baseball has completed transaction.
Vice President- Brian Harris
Requested Concessions building be cleaned.
Stated Soccer needs a key for lock at Twardosky field, there is a piece of goal post at Reeds.
Stated Lax needs storage key for equipment shed.
Softball requests Elbit field maintenance, sign at Elbit, fence and dugout improvements to Softball 1.
Member at Large- Rick Greenier
Nov 14 is a School Board/town council meeting
-O’Gara Dr. property to be discussed
Town Holiday Parade 12/3 3pm
Arbitrator & Officials Liaison- Bob Shagoury
No new updates
- Wrestling- See attached notes
- Youth Basketball- absent
- Lacrosse- Registration is currently open. They are offering Skills and Drills intro to LAX@ Sportsplex in Jan for $20. There will be an Open House Dec 6th @ 7pm. Discussed field needs for program’s growth and asked to provide current and potential needs.
- Girls Softball- Fall season is complete. Spring registration opens Jan 1., Request MYA sign usage. Upcoming spring Monarch Fundraiser.
- Merrimack Youth Baseball- There are currently 3 board vacancies (player reps). Next meeting is Nov 15. Fall ball was successful, two Babe Ruth teams! Request permission for Maquet scoreboard.
- Soccer- Season is nearly completed, travel has 5 teams still competing. Elections will be Sunday 11/12, Treasurer and Registrar are open positions.
- Football/Cheer- Four cheer teams are going to regionals. Four football teams have made playoffs. Reported some significant problems with the new league regarding playoff fields and scheduling. There is a plan to rebuild the clocktower at Veterans field. Elections are in January.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:15 pm.
In Attendance: Dan Tevepaugh, Bob Powers, Scott Ward, Holly Golden, Brian Harris, Tom Thornton, Bob Shagoury, Karen Halvatzes, Melanie Lesmerises, Stephanie Ryan, Rick Greenier