MYA Executive Board Meeting minutes
Call to order at 7:00pm
- President Tom Thornton: Tom reported on all agenda items. In addition:
- Sept. Minutes approved, motion made by Bob S., seconded by Karen H., approved 6-0.
- Informed attendees that the Adult Community Center will use parking lot for upcoming bus trips.
-new storage shed code has been changed and all Directors have been given the new code, contact an Executive Board member if necessary.
-expressed interest in updating/cleaning trophy cases.
- Treasurers Report Holly Golden: Holly reported on all agenda items, specifically:
- Awaiting soccer deposits.
- Waiting on Baseball program to close Santander account.
- Needs Lacrosse to complete “Fraudulent Report” (Damien Gunther)
- Reviewed audit process and is in need of information from both Baseball and Football.
- Vice President Brian Harris: Tom reported on agenda items. In addition:
- Soccer requested a “No Parking” sign at their Reeds Ferry storage shed.
- Softball requested some “long-term” field modifications at Elbit location.
- Lacrosse notified board of need for additional spring laying space due to program growth.
- Member at Large and Parks and Rec Liaison Rick Greenier:
- Football and soccer insurance certificates still pending.
- Reviewed previous Parks and Recreation meeting (Sept. 20) including; Creation of P&R capital reserve fund for field needs!
- O’Gara drive update- skatepark may move to Bishop Field perimeter on east side, Ice skating rink to Watson Park (seasonal).
- Advisor Karen H. request copy of insurance certificates for records.
- Arbitrator and Officials Liaison Bob Shagoury: Nothing new to report.
- Directors report:
- Soccer: Nov. elections, informed of “Junior Anduray” coaching suspension and notified of potential U15/16 travel tryouts.
- Football: not present.
- Wrestling: (Aaron McAloon) Reg. now open, parent info night 10/16, season begins Nov. 1.
- Basketball: not present.
- LAX: reg. increase from $195.00 to $220.00, beginning skill sessions Jan. 2018 at Bedford Sportsplex.
- Softball: (Darrin Rolls) considering new/additional fundraisers, fall season compromised due to town of Amherst withdrawing.
No old business.
No new business.
In attendance: Tom Thornton, Karen Halvatzes, Holly Golden, Bob Shagoury, Aaron McAloon, Stephanie Ryan, Rick Greenier, Darren Rolls and Bailey Gallagher.
Meeting adjourned at 8:35pm.