General Meeting 10/13/2016
Meeting called to order at 7:36, Next meeting is November 10, 2016.
Directors in attendance: Mike Howe – Lacrosse, Melanie Lesmerises – Baseball, Gary Krupp – Wrestling, Donnie Mendell – Football/Cheer, John Calabro – Basketball, Stephanie Ryan – Soccer
Absent Director: TerryAnn Bowen – Softball
Executive Board Members in attendance: Tom Thornton, Bob Shagoury, Brian LeClaire, Brian Harris, Rick Greenier, and Karen Halvatzes
Motion to accept minutes from 9/8/16 Melanie L. and 2nd by Donnie M. 12 in favor
President’s Report – Tom Thornton:
- Asked last date football uses Vet’s Park to pick up dumpster – October 28
- Made a decision of clay for field at Amtech
- Met with town, need a sign to advise people of camera in front door entranceway
- Bise being cleaned end of October, water can be shut off by first week of November
- Soccer circled holes at Twardosky fields
- Starting to blow out irrigation lines at fields
- New secretary, Brian Webb
VP Reports – Brian Harris:
- Waiting for all maintenance requests
- Amtech looks much better, discussed building condition, fence needs repair and needs bleachers
- Gym requests are good, need approval for wrestling
- Soccer done 11/5, Football done 10/15, Baseball done 10/30
- Discussed condition of football field at Vet’s Park
Assistant Secretary – Brian LeClaire:
- Fall and Spring rosters needed for Soccer, Football, Lacrosse, Softball
Member at Large – Rick Greenier:
- Parks and Rec. update: Dog park construction started Monday
- Extra activities online
- Soccer and football insurance cert. due
Arbitrator and Officials Liaison – Bob Shagoury:
- No new sex offenders added
Soccer – Stephanie Ryan: There are some field issues, but other then that the season is going well. Two teams won their respective travel team divisions: U12 Girls and U14 Boys
Football – Donnie Mendell: Last games are this weekend and moved their elections to January
Wrestling – Gary Krupp: They will be having parent night soon. Developed new logo and new apparel coming out. Looking for a big sponsor, started GoFundMe page, asking for $10 and have received about $600 so far.
Basketball – John Calabro: There are 450 registered players. Tryouts held this week and forming teams next couple weeks and start in November.
Lacrosse – Mike Howe: Moving meeting from Thursdays to Tuesdays, last Tuesday of each month. Indoor league starting, would like use of Elbit fields in mid to late November.
Softball – TerryAnn Bowen: Fall ball finished up, had family night at a monarchs game. Silver Knights thanked them, have two open positions on board—Equipment manager and major league director.
Baseball – Melanie Lesmerises: Wrapping up fall ball league and the league has doubled in size from last year. They went from three teams to 6 teams. 38 players to 72 players. May have an opportunity for use of a field at the YMCA.
- Registrations are up due to spring and fall registrants
- Withdrawal for Amtech up keep and reconstruction
- Discussed Skeffington Tournament
- Motion to approve with the following changes: Make Concessions $2200, move Skeffington to line 2 from line 5 in expenditure section.
- Gary K. motioned to approve and Brian H. 2nd
- 11 in favor and 2 abstention
- Drastically Different from last year
- Need to move J. in Revenue to C. in Revenue
- Referee fees went up due to competing rates
- Trying to start a sponsor program
- Field and facilities went up due to needing to fix fields
- Bob S. motions to approve and Melanie L. 2nd upon changes
- Unanimously passed
- Fundraising hasn’t been great
- Rebate on each sale of apparel and the photos that are sold
- Remove professional fees and add the fees to Training and remove fundraising costs and move to equipment.
- Gary K. motioned to approve with changes and Bob S. 2nd
- 9 approval and 2 Abstentions
- Melanie L. motion to approve and 2nd by Donnie M. upon change of Fundraising to $2,830 and Town Grant to $3,850.
- Approved by 12 and 1 Abstain
- Jon C. motioned to approve and Gary K. 2nd
- Unanimous approval, with Melanie L. missing
- Move 300 from Association and Tournament Fees to Equipment and remove Insurance JH line and move to equipment also. Also fix cover page for new totals
- New equipment total: $54,171
- Gary K. motioned for approval with changes Rick G. 2nd
- Approved by unanimous vote
Allocations given out this weekend to Football, Soccer, Basketball and Wrestling
New Business: None
Old Business: None
Brian H motioned to adjourn and John C. 2nd….10:30